How does packaging sustainability influence consumers’ perception of a product, and how can this be positively shaped by involving packaging designers at an early stage?
Participants of this half-day workshop on 3 November will learn:
- which aspects of packaging development to take into account
- how packaging can be made more sustainable
- what the supply chain considerations are; from cradle to cradle
This workshop will be hands on: Working with live examples, participants will learn to assess packaging holistically and identify quickly the starting points for making packaging more sustainable.
Tickets to the pre-conference workshop must be bought in conjunction with a two-day conference ticket
AGENDA - 13:30-17:00
Good or bad?
Please share your best or worst packaging solutions. What has particularly inspired – or frustrated – you in terms of sustainability in recent weeks? We will prepare a ‘best of’ and a ‘worst of’ gallery!
Interactive session | Gallery walk
- Introducing the Packaging Value Wheel: How to manage different stakeholder requirements during packaging development
- The differences between developing sustainable packaging for new products and optimizing existing products
Ready to ship or ready to shop?
- Packaging design: balancing logistics and emotions
- Agile packaging design: integrating shopper needs with the requirements of other relevant stakeholders
- What is sustainable from the shopper's perspective? How can the sustainability of a packaging solution be credibly communicated?
Assessing the sustainability of packaging
- Overview of the tools available for packaging lifecycle analysis
Always room for improvement World Café
- Small group evaluation of existing packaging
- What is good, what is not?
- What could be done better … and what impact would this have?
Now & next
- Presenting existing and optimised packaging solutions
* Participants who wish to work on their own packaging during the workshop are asked to share this with facilitator in advance.