Online Event Information
Sustainability in Packaging Asia is Going Virtual in 2020!
21-24 September 2020 | Online Event
Smithers are excited to announce that we have made the decision to transform Sustainability in Packaging Asia into a fully virtual event. We believe this is the best option to provide all our stakeholders with the certainty they need to plan their participation and maximise the value from the event in a safe and reliable way.
What can you expect at this year's online event?
- Visit the Networking Lounge to pull up an open seat and join discussions - as easy as sitting down at a table!
- Access a list of all participants attending the event
- View, search, filter, and sort the attendee list. Bookmark an attendee to talk to them later. Include your interests in your profile to leverage attendee match-making
- Use your profile as a business card
- Get notified when someone has viewed your profile
- Easily request one-on-one video meetings or chat in real-time
- Post on the live event feed to start a conversation
- Access expert-led facilitated topic tables
- Head over to the Sponsorship Lounge to learn more about innovative products, services, and industry solutions
- Use your profile as a business card
HOW TO USE THE NETWORKING LOUNGE
- Login to the event portal and click on 'Lounge' tab
- Click 'Allow Access'
- Provide the access for Mic & Camera
- Click on a chair on any of the open tables
- Click on 'How To Network' to see a quick guide
- Ensure you are not connected to VPN or have any firewall restrictions
INNOVATIVE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Hear presentations in real-time and have access to a library of recorded content you can watch any time
- View the event agenda and add sessions of interest into your calendar
- Access additional content from our experts and partners
- Dedicated time to ask speaker questions following their presentations
- Get access to the presentations for up to 90 days after the event
How do I sign-in and begin watching sessions as an attendee?
- We recommend that you have a stable internet connectivity and that you operate with Google Chrome for a seamless experience
- Login to the event dashboard using the link you are sent by Smithers and go to the agenda tab
- In agenda tab you can see a complete event agenda and session details
- Once the host starts the session on its scheduled time, click on the ‘join session’ button
- Once the session starts make sure to click the ‘tap to unmute’ button to ensure you are able to hear the audio
- Please note that if you leave the session page, you will need to ‘Join Session’ again
How can I network successfully at a virtual event?
The Hubilo platform makes it easy for attendees to meet with their peers, discuss key topics, exchange opportunities, and find ways to collaborate. Check out the networking opportunities session at the top of this page!
How will the online event be different than the in-person events?
We don’t think the usual event format will work in a virtual environment, and we aren’t going to try and replicate it. Instead we are going to leverage the benefits of digital by providing an interactive agenda of live sessions, pre-recorded content, and facilitated networking to enable attendees to choose the sessions that most suits their interests and availability. We are also utilizing an online event program that will make it easy to take advantage of unique, beneficial networking opportunities.
Which browsers work best?
Minimum Operating Requirements
- Mac OS - Version 10 or later
- iPhone & iPad OS - Version 13 or later
- Windows OS - Version 8 or later
- Android OS - Android 5 or later
- MacBook: Google Chrome - Version 83 or later, Safari - Version 13 or later, Firefox - Version 76 or later
- Windows: Google Chrome - Version 83 or later, Firefox - Version 77 or later
- ipad & iPhone: Safari - Version 13 or later
- Android: Google Chrome - Version 81 or later