We are excited to hold the 2022 Sustainability in Packaging Asia conference at the Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre from June 7 – 9, 2022.
While the 2022 conference presents us with the opportunity to get back to business, we recognize that this year will be a little different. We must start with an acknowledgement that the situation remains fluid and subject to change as circumstances, such as governmental recommendations, vaccination rate, and other factors, dictate. Attendee safety is our top priority.
Attendance at the 2022 Sustainability in Packaging Asia conference is subject to compliance with state and local, Smithers, and event venue policies, procedures, and safety recommendations. Including, but not limited to, wearing a mask, physical distancing, and retreating immediately if feeling unwell or showing symptoms.
Smithers will suggest all attendees to take Pre-Event Testing (“PET”) . View more details for Pre-Event Testing (PET)
There are several locations near Holiday Inn that will test all patients including those needed for travel:
View more details
- 7 Tanjong Pagar Plaza, #02-109, S081007
- 57 Geylang Bahru, #01-3505, S330057
- 618 Yishun Ring Road, #01-3238, S760618
for all test centers.
Please Stop and Read this Message
Under Singapore’s Vaccinated Travel Framework, all travellers including Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents arriving from all countries/regions can enter Singapore without quarantine, testing or entry approvals if they meet the following requirements:
Be fully vaccinated with WHO EUL vaccines if born in or before 2009 (i.e. aged 13 and above by year of birth) – “Fully vaccinated” means at least one dose of Janssen/J&J, or at least 2 doses of AstraZeneca, Covaxin, Moderna/Spikevax, Covishield, Novavax/Covovax/Nuvaxovid, Pfizer/BioNTech/COMIRNATY, Sinovac or Sinopharm. Mixtures and boosters of these WHO EUL vaccines, and vaccination with recovery is also acceptable. Please make sure you read the Travelling to Singapore - Overview
Smithers will require all attendees to confirm that you are not displaying symptoms of COVID-19 and have not recently been exposed to anyone who tested positive. If you do have symptoms or have been exposed, you are not permitted to attend and registration will be refunded, or you can opt to attend the livestreamed virtual sessions.
To encourage a safe and successful conference, below are some of the COVID-19 protocols that you can expect to see on site:
- From 29 March 2022, mask-wearing will be required for indoor settings for persons who are 6 years old and above, outside of their homes. Attendees may remove their masks while eating and drinking, but they must put it back on after finished that. View the MASKS AND PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- All equipment shared between presenters will be sanitized between uses.
- All conference meeting rooms will be deep cleaned overnight and then sanitized again between uses.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing will be encouraged.
- High-touch areas will be regularly cleaned and sanitized throughout the conference space
- Exhibit booth will be structured for social distancing and surfaces will be regularly cleaned
Advisory Limit of Liability
Please be advised that a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including conference.
By attending Sustainability in Packaging conference, you acknowledge this inherent risk and, as a condition of entering Sustainability in Packaging Asia conference, you acknowledge, understand, and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- That you will abide by all Sustainability in Packaging Asia conference health-and-safety requirements;
- That you are not currently experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. Including, but not limited to:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- That prior to attending Sustainability in Packaging Asia conference you have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine; and
- That you are not under any self-quarantine orders
Frequently asked questions
What safety measures are enforced at the city?
View the Travelling to Singapore - Overview
What safety measures are taken for food served at the event?
Attendees may remove their masks while actively eating and drinking, with appropriate social distancing in effect.
How can I participate in the convention if I can't travel?
Register to attend the 2022 Sustainability in Packaging Asia conference virtually! We've made it possible for you to participate in the live event from anywhere. The conference will be live streamed on the online platform, so you can submit your questions in real-time! Plus, come back later to view recordings of presentations you missed. Connect with attendees and take advantage of networking opportunities on the innovative platform.
What if I feel unwell while I'm at the conference?
Please do not come to the conference meeting space if you develop symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, shortness of breath, among others. If you begin experiencing symptoms at any time, alert the conference organizers immediately and self-quarantine. You can e-mail the conference coordinators at email@example.com. Your conference registration will allow you to attend livestream sessions online, so you can participate virtually.
If you feel unwell, seek medical advice at a clinic immediately via private transport. The doctor may administer further COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and/or Antigen Rapid Tests (ARTs) depending on your condition and risk assessment, and will advise you on the appropriate steps to take to facilitate your recovery.
Should you experience emergency symptoms such as chest pains and shortness of breath at any time, call 995 for urgent conveyance to a medical facility or contact hotel staff for immediate assistance. If you have mild symptoms, please seek medical advice via a telemedicine provider or at a clinic first. This will help ensure that SCDF 995 Emergency Medical Services are safeguarded for patients with emergency conditions.
Ministry of Health (moh.gov.sg)
MOH | Frequently Asked Questions
Travelling to Singapore - Overview
MASKS AND PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)