Join us for Sustainability in Packaging MENA 2024 in Dubai!
Smithers’ are excited to confirm that our hugely popular Sustainability in Packaging event series will be launching into MENA on 22-23 May 2024.
Following on from the huge successes of the events in Europe, USA, Asia
and Latin America
– this new edition will lean into our global packaging expertise
and provide insights, case studies and introduction to sustainable packaging in the Middle East and North Africa
According to market intelligence from Smithers’ latest industry report – The Future of Global Packaging to 2028
– Africa and the Middle East are among the fastest growing packaging markets
, with both emerging markets (along with Asia and South & Central America) forecast to grow packaging sales faster than the global market average across the five-year period to 2028.
Most countries in these regions are characterised by quite low packaging consumption rates per capita, and therefore offer good growth prospects for packaging market development. Sustainability is also expected to gain more prominence with brand owners switching from plastics to more sustainable packaging solutions such as board and paper-based pouches.
This is an exciting and formative time for packaging in MENA, and this event aims to bring together key stakeholders from across the entire value chain to discuss:
- Global packaging market trends
- Regulatory frameworks and EPR in MENA
- Existing waste management infrastructures in the Middle East & Africa
- Differences and developments in mechanical recycling and chemical recycling
- Retailers and brand perspectives
- Designing for circularity
- Sustainable material innovations and food contact safety materials safety
- Digital innovations
Speakers and attendees include Mondelez International, KraftHeinz, Mars, Unilever, Veolia, Ministry of Climate Change and Environment (UAE), Agthia, Tetra Pak, Roland Berger, Alliance to End Plastic Waste, Enviroment Agency - Abu Dhabi, Tasnee, Taghleef Industries, Mondi, EFI, Hotpack Packaging Industries, Food Contact Center
, and more.
Register today to save $300 off your ticket!