The Smithers team are working hard to ensure that we are providing our customers with the safest possible environment for the return of our in-person conferences in 2021. This process involves working closely with our venues, suppliers and contractors and complying with all relevant national and regional health regulations.
We want to ensure our delegates, speakers and sponsors can learn and network with maximum confidence. You may be asked to show proof of vaccination, covid-19 recovery document or negative PCR test. Your safety is our priority!
We can provide our customers with the following commitments through our Smithers Safety+ Assurance pledge.
1. Unless you are exempt, masks will be required at all times in the venue, the exhibition area and the conference room(s) and can only be removed when eating or drinking. Masks can be provided upon request, at the registration desk
2. We ask delegates to maintain a respectful distance of at least 1m. Please seek permission before initiating contact (i.e. handshakes). Socially distanced seating will be arranged in the main conference room(s)
3. Exhibition stands & furniture in networking areas floorplans arranged to facilitate social distancing
4. One-way traffic system for entry and exit in conference room and networking areas
5. Staggered registration times to encourage social distancing at busy periods, including registering the evening before the event
6. Agenda and proceedings will be offered in a digitalised format
7. Reinforced regular cleaning of all surfaces in main conference area and all networking areas
8. Hand sanitisers positioned throughout the conference areas to encourage regular use
9. Serviced buffet stations and/or pre-packed catering items where possible